The Cancer Center of Santa Barbara
ATTN: As a result of the impending construction, most of the Oncology Wellness Classes will be moving out of the 540 W. Pueblo Multipurpose Room and into the new Sansum Clinic Multipurpose Room (Lower Level) at 317 W. Pueblo starting Monday, September 21. The changes are highlighted in the September calendar.
- The classes that will be moving to the new location include: Gentle Yoga, Yoga for Strength and Empowerment, Art, QiGong and Mindfulness Meditation.
- All parking at 317 W. Pueblo St is free valet (no tipping!)
- The class that will remain in the 540 building will be the class held on Saturday – Tai Chi Yoga.
- Both the Oncology Patient Massage and Healing Touch appointments now take place in the Sansum Physical Therapy office at 4151 Foothill Road #A.
Since 1949, through the charitable giving of families and foundations, the Cancer Center has been at the forefront of comprehensive outpatient cancer care in our region. The Cancer Center of Santa Barbara joined with Sansum Clinic in 2012 to create the Cancer Center of Santa Barbara with Sansum Clinic, with a vision for further enhancing oncology care on the Central Coast. The advanced technology at the Cancer Center allows patients to be treated in a comfortable and familiar environment here in our community. The Cancer Center retains highly trained and devoted medical personnel, acquires the latest technology and treatment protocols, integrates oncology supportive programs and commits to provide every opportunity for successful treatment, recovery and a healthy return to the activities that enrich life. We know that a cancer diagnosis and treatment can bring a myriad of challenges and changes to patients, their families and friends. With this in mind, the Cancer Center sensitively integrates outpatient treatment and support disciplines including:
- The most technologically advanced Radiation Oncology and Nuclear Medicine departments for precisely targeting and treating cancer.
- Medical Oncology & Hematology services provide the latest chemotherapy treatment with on-site participation in leading-edge national cancer research trials.
- Integrated Patient Navigation, Genetic Counseling, and Oncology Nutrition.
- Oncology Supportive Care Programs offer counseling, practical support and community resources to patients and families as well as innovative Wellness Programs & Classes that enable patients to integrate complementary therapies such as yoga, healing touch and other healthy strategies into their cancer treatment plan.
- A Cancer Resource Library with print and electronic cancer education and resource materials devoted to patients, their families and community members seeking information on cancer.
- Community Outreach & Prevention Programs.
Partnering with Sansum Clinic’s robust Primary Care department and more than 30 specialties enables greater coordination of our doctors, nurses, and the entire patient care team. The Cancer Center’s oncologists and medical staff are proud to work with Sansum Clinic’s 180 physicians who provide medical care to more than 150,000 unique patients annually. Together we are committed to advancing clinical science while providing an integrated approach to oncology care. Our commitment to provide cancer care for individuals in our community, regardless of their ability to pay, has been a fundamental principle since our founding. At the same time, we have been, and continue to be, committed to the advancement of clinical science in the community. In an era where decisions about investments in new technology are often based on potential profits and losses, the Cancer Center maintains its dedication to excellent oncology care that is focused on the patient and family.