- Medical Care & Support
- Programs & Services
- Cancer Resource Library
- Clinical Trials
- Cancer Prevention
- Grateful Patients & Families
- Frequently Asked Questions
Be Mindful of the Foods you Eat
The ability to control the food you eat is one of the most powerful tools you have in your cancer prevention efforts. The food we eat can provide us with potentially protective nutrients, yet can also put into our bodies potentially harmful substances.
- Eat a variety of Grains; mostly whole grains
- Eat a variety of Fruits and vegetables each day
- Choose a diet low in fat; especially low in saturated and trans-fats
- Choose and prepare foods with less salt and sugar
- If you choose to consume alcohol, do so in moderation
These tips can help you create a healthful diet, equipped with nutrients which will help prevent many chronic health conditions- including cancer. Be sure to check out our Healthy Recipe Archive for recipes that incorporate these cancer prevention tips.